Thursday, September 13, 2007

I ♥ softies!

I am addicted to softies right now. SOoo fun! I made this little sleeping elephant last week out of a scrap of Marimekko from my stash (I especially love the flower on her butt!).

I just wish I was better at pattern-making. I really want to make a few more 3-D toys (you know, so the elephant could actually stand..).

I was doing some internet research the other night and came across this. The cutest stuffed pig pattern.. with curly tail and all...FREE! I just love it. I am dying to make one of these for Kai. I'll keep you posted and PLEASE let me know if you make one too!

P.S. I just realized that I had my "comments" option turned off. Eek! They should be enabled now, so please do say "hi" if it strikes your fancy :)

5 comments:

Pip and Tom said...

Hello! I was trying to comment the other day when you asked if anyone was reading this blog. I am! =)

Love your style. Can't wait to see more of your creations.

karla said...

I love free patterns, too. Martha Stewart has some listed at this link: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=0fdb27b07593f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=stuffed%20animals&rsc=ns2006_m6

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

So so cute...my dd loves softies! Shas a little shop on Etsy but hasn't started making them as of yet...love your stuff!

Tori
http://www.raedanaedesigns.typepad.com

www.torirowland.etsy.com

www.magnificentmichaela.etsy.com

Amy Herbst said...

Oooo.... Thanks for the Martha link Karla!

inactive_user said...

That elephant = adorable!