Monday, October 15, 2007

The lineup...

If you've wondered why I haven't listed any new sewn items in my shop lately... well... it's because I am currently addicted to amigurumi! I know I'll have to put down the crochet hook and get back to sewing soon, but I mean, look how CUTE!

These are all for my little guy. He seems especially fond of the bunny and the frog,... but the lion is my favorite. :)
I bought yarn for the little lion (Patons Shetland Chunky), but the others were all made from leftovers. There is something so satisfying about making something so cute with materials I have on hand.

The patterns are, of course, from Ana Paula's shop on Etsy. They are pretty easy to make and totally addicting (I couldn't resist buying the Pajama Bear pattern over the weekend)! I'm starting to understand how it works and am hoping to make some of my own original crocheted toys sometime soon. Otherwise, I'm planning to get back to the sewing machine next week when we return from our trip to Chicago... stay tuned! :)

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I like the lion best, too!

I hope you do make some original designs for your shop - I can't wait to see them : )

iSew said...

Ohh, they're all just so cute. I have purchased several amigurumi patterns & never finished anything. I must add that to my list of things to do at the farmer's market.

Susan Clinkscales said...

Hey Amy - these are precious! I'd love to see some of your original patterns, too. If you haven't seen them yet, check out PlanetJune's patterns on Etsy. I have several of them and they are so cute.

Happy hooking!!

~Susan